Friday, October 5, 2012

Haunted Mansions in Albion

The beginning of Fall is one of my favorite times of year. 
I love harvest.
I love the weather, not too hot, but not too cold.
I love the upcoming holidays.
I love the scary movies.
I love the haunted houses, straw mazes, and corn mazes.

Tonight we went up to the Haunter Mansions in Albion. The owners really out do themselves and I think it is worth every penny. It amazes me that it used to be an actual college in Albion. Who would have thought to put a college there? Its the middle of nowhere pretty much. I think the part that makes me enjoy it even more is knowing that my Grandpa Wilson went to college there many years ago. He walked down the same halls that I did, played basketball in the gym I walked through, and slept in one of the dorm rooms that I went through, all before it was "spooky" and abandoned. 
It really makes me wonder what things are going to be like when I have grandchildren. Things change so much over one persons lifetime.

 It was Andrew's first year going to the Haunted Mansions and I think the was the biggest chicken of us all. It made it really fun though. Its always fun when there is someone more scared then you that isn't afraid to scream when something freaks him out. Last year they added the "paranormal" building and it was back this year. I think it was one of the best parts of the evening because the guys took it upon themselves to help out the actors and scare everyone that was wandering around. It was mighty funny!
They also added a corn maze this year, it was probably the fastest I have ever been to a maze. All thanks to Andrew's awesome leading skills.

Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App

No comments:

Post a Comment